Sunday, October 13, 2013

Moore's Law and The Texual Revolution

I was always under the impression that Moore's Law stated that processing power will double every 2 years. However, when I tried to cite this for you through Websters, their definition said every 18 months. This makes me question two things:
1) The accuracy of what I know to be true.
2) The accuracy of anything I find online.

Yes we are living in the TEXUAL REVOLUTION. Technology is everywhere, and you have to decide if you are plugged or unplugged. No one will judge you for choosing a life without any texual activity. You prefer to be unplugged, it is ok.

Well, okay, we are all humans, and we judge each other. So I was sugar coating it. People will judge you. People will laugh at you and poke fun similar to the way people make fun of the Amish. I am trying to give you a little reality check.

I know, we are so advanced, how could anyone compare modern times to the Amish?

Amish people do not sew their clothes. They use straight pins to hold the fabric together.

Unplugged people do not electronically file anything. They use actual paper file folders and file cabinets. Some unplugged people rent additional storage to hold their papers.

Those of us who are plugged in, were not only using more advanced technology a decade ago, but today the gap between how far we were ahead of the unplugged then, to how far we are ahead of the unplugged now, is mind blowing!

Back in the day when I was losing my texual virginity, I was searching for data, and emailing. Today, I handle almost all of my person to person contact via the internet. I also handle almost all of my person to business contact via the internet as well. I also, can track other people. Find local sales based on the place I am standing. Set up anyone I know with webcams, and remote into their homes to give them tech support whenever I want.

I can turn my home into a completely automated and integrated system. This means things like, unlocking the front door upon approach. Controlling my thermostat in my home, from my phone, while I am at the office. The Texually Frustrated will probably call a big company to come in and make them a "SMART HOME." While the Texually Active, will figure out how to do it themselves, and buy all the parts wholesale, and complete the project for 1/10th what the Texually Frustrated pay. Seriously!!!!

Scheduling a family can be really hard. By moving your schedule to Google Calendar, you are able to set permissions for each person who views it, and set up notifications and reminders. The Texually Active never miss a birthday or special day.

THE FINAL THOUGHT
The Texual Revolution is upon us. We are processing information twice as fast every two years (or less). This means that we as humans are able to gather more information at a faster rate and evolve our own thinking.

The Texually Active come in all shapes and sizes. We are ALL GREEN. We understand that there is a living planet that we share. Texually Active people care about the integrity of information. Arguments based on logic and fact will rule all Texual people. We also understand emotions and feelings, but they are kept in check. We know the more we streamline our actions and our thoughts, the more we are able to do. That is the benefit of being Texually Active anyway . . . doing as much as possible whenever, wherever and however, we want.  The Texual Revolution is freedom :)

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing with you soem of my Texual Secrets. Please feel free to ask questions and comment. I will be selecting topics based on your responses.

SHARE ME IF YOU LIKE ME
BE TEXUALLY ACTIVE! IT's FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment